Want some ice cream immediately? This recipe is great because as long as you have a freezer canister already frozen (I keep mine in the freezer at all times just in case), you can have ice cream from start to finish in about half an hour.
This recipe makes a strawberry ice cream pretty much identical to the stuff you’d find sold by the scoop at your local corner store – sweet, fruity, and bright pink. It uses the same type of secret ingredient that my tiger tail ice cream employed. One more ingredient note: if you don’t have a can of high fat coconut milk/cream waiting in the refrigerator, don’t worry. Just use the lower volume of almond milk to compensate for the extra water that will be in the can of coconut milk.
This is your sweet quick fix when it’s 30 degrees outside and all you want for dinner is ice cream. It’s made with staples most people already have in the fridge or pantry. And it comes out of the ice cream maker firm enough to eat right away. Now you have even fewer excuses to wait!
Instant Gratification Strawberry Ice Cream
An original recipe by Agent Minty
Makes about 3 cups of ice cream
- 1 can’s worth of coconut cream, watery portion drained off if you have chilled it beforehand.
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk, or 3/4 cup almond milk if the coconut milk was not separated.
- 1/2 tsp strawberry Kool-Aid powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- Add all ingredients to blender in listed order. Blend on high until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to the canister of your ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions.
- Ice cream should get quite firm within about 25 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer.