I hope you get the chance to enjoy the day off (if you’re Canadian). I’m working in the lab to collect some data in the morning, then heading to a beer tasting with Mme. Minty and her friends.
Here’s a quick un-recipe for a red-and-white treat that’s perfect for celebrating our national holiday.
- One batch of scones or quick biscuits. I recommend making my scone recipe, but adding an extra 2 Tbsp of sugar to the dry ingredients.
- One can of coconut milk, mixed with a little non-dairy creamer or milk. You can use my whipped cream recipe and a stand mixer, or toss it all into a canister-style whipper, like I did for these pictures.
- Lots of sliced fresh strawberries mixed with a bit of white sugar. I use 1 Tbsp per 1 cup of sliced strawberries, but adjust to your taste.
- Bake the biscuits and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the strawberries and sugar and set aside at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Prepare your whipped coconut cream.
- Assemble by halving your biscuits, and layering them with strawberries and whipped cream.
- Repeat previous step until everything is gone and you have a bit of a stomach ache.